Basic Policy toward the protection of customer’s personal information
Toyota Motor Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) has established its own basic policy toward the protection of customer‘s personal information as explained below under its understanding that it is an important social liability of an enterprise to be compliant with Personal Information Protection Law in Japan (hereinafter referred to as “PIP Law”) and handle any and all information pertaining to any customer’s name, its address, its telephone number, its E-mail address, etc. by which such customer can be identified (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) in a proper manner.
1 : Obtaining Personal Information
When any customer should contact our “Customer Assistance Center” mentioned below (hereinafter referred to as “CA Center”, any communication are to be recorded in order to confirm the details.
In addition, the Company has adopted a number displaying system so that the Company may return a call to such customer for a follow up in case of necessity. We would appreciate your understanding in this regard.
2 : Handling of Personal Information
Usage within the purpose of useWe will never use any Personal Information obtained pursuant to the Clause 1. above for any purpose beyond the purpose of use without obtaining a prior consent from the relevant customer.
The Personal Information that the Company has obtained shall be used for the following purposes only;
- When introducing in a commercial manner any and all goods, services, etc. that the Company provides
- When conducting a survey through questionnaire for enabling the Company to conduct planning, research and development, quality improvement and/or developing any measure to improve customer satisfaction, etc.
- When conducting planning, research and development, quality improvement and/or failure diagnosis, etc.
- For any other purposes identified when obtaining the relevant Personal Information
- When required to comply with any provisions in any applicable laws and regulations or follow any governmental notification and/or guidelines, etc.
When the Company should provide information with any customers through Toyota’s dealer, the Company will provide such Toyota’s dealer with any relevant Personal Information.
- Upon receipt of any inquiry from any customer by the CA Center and for enabling the Company to take the most suitable measure, to provide the relevant Personal Information if so required to relevant Toyota’s dealer and/or the Company’s business partner (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Third Party”) via telephone, in writing and/or through electronics media, etc., provided, however, such any Personal Information shall not be provided whenever any relevant customer should so require.
*Items belonging to Personal Information to be provided;
Customer’s name, address, age, telephone number, vehicle information and any other information relating to customer’s counseling description
Provision of any Personal Information to any Third PartyThe Company shall never provide any and all Personal Information obtained pursuant to the Clause 1. above to any other Third Party without obtaining prior consent from the relevant customer, except for providing the same pursuant to 5 and 6 of the Sub-clause 1), the Clause 2 above, provided, however, that the Company may provide any Personal Information to any of its contractors to the extent only necessary to achieve the purpose of usage thereof.
Even in such a case, the Company shall request the relevant contractor to handle the relevant Personal Information in a proper manner and the Company will control the use thereof by such contractor in a suitable fashion.
Proper control of Personal InformationThe Company shall implement safety measures in a suitable manner to prevent any and all Personal Information from being accessed in an unauthorized manner, from being lost, damaged, altered, or leaked, etc. In addition to protect the Personal Information, the Company will endeavor to promote activities including regular training and education to its employees, who should handle any Personal Information.
3 : Enquiries,etc.
Any customer may, by following the prescribed procedures of the Company, request the Company to disclose any and all Personal Information which has been kept by the Company and belongs to such customer. When any customer should request the Company to disclose its own Personal Information owned by the Company, such customer is kindly requested to address its request to the CA Center.
The CA Center will be willing to take care of any enquiries and/or consultations pertaining to any Personal Information, including cases that any customer should request to make any correction to, discontinue the use of and/or delete any Personal Information. In any event, any and all enquires or consultations from any customer shall be handled in compliant with the purports of PIP Law in an adequate manner.
The contact point for a customer regarding the handling of Personal Information;
Customer Assistance Center [Toll-free call] : 0800 – 700 – 7700 (for Japan domestic call only)
Opens from 9:00 am through 18:00 pm
4 : Compliance with applicable laws and regulations and improvements
The Company will attempt to continue improvements in order to observe any applicable laws and regulations and/or any governmental notifications and guidelines and so that any and all Personal Information may be handled in a proper manner. Any modification thereof will be reflected in this Basic Policy from time to time.